Subtitles / Transcripts
- To navigate the website, press the tabs above the header image. Each tab leads to a distinct part of the website.
- Hovering over a tab will show you any drop-down menus (viz. for ‘Plays’, ‘Transcripts’, and ‘Interviews/Presentations’, whose main pages also contain information). The home page and the main pages for "Plays" and "Interviews/Presentations" provide a table of contents and crucial content.
- The drop-down menus lead to individual pages with content, and certain menus (viz. The Egg under 'Plays’ and 'Transcripts’, and each of the interviews/presentations) offer sub-menus.
- Links on the pages are indicated in blue fonts.
- Each page has a link at the bottom that sends you directly to the top.
- Videos are found on the individual “Plays” and “Interviews/Presentations” pages.
- To play a video, click the red ‘play’ arrow in the center of the video frame. In the further instructions below, some differences may be noted between platforms (Mac and PC), versions of operating systems or browsers.
- Once the video/clip is playing, the bottom ruler of its frame offers a number of options. Moving from left to right, one meets: a ‘play/pause’ button (the video can also be paused by clicking anywhere within the video frame); a volume control; time indications (played and remaining); a ‘watch later’ option; a ‘cc’ (closed caption) toggle for turning the captions on and off; a cog icon for changing the resolution; an option for watching the video on YouTube; a toggle for changing the viewing size of the video to full-screen.
- Playlists: for videos on the individual interview pages, the bottom ruler of the frame adds (to the right of the ‘play/pause’ button) an option for advancing to the next video-clip and (to the left of the captions toggle) a button offering access to the separate clips in the ‘Playlist’ -- the top ruler also offers a similar “Playlist’ option.
Subtitles / Transcripts
- English subtitles/captions have been superimposed on the video-clips of the plays and on the Greek-language interviews. In each of the 'Play' pages, you can download a PDF file of the transcript. Click download file and your computer will begin downloading the PDF.
- Full transcripts (the English translation and in most cases the original Greek) for video-clips of plays and for the majority of the interviews are provided as pdf files, on the individual “Plays” or “Interviews/Presentations” pages. Click to download the files.
- Transcripts are also provided in html on the individual “Transcripts” pages, usually in facing columns (Greek and English) for the plays, and in English translation for the Greek-language interviews.